This Lisbon guide in 3 days It has several routes on foot and by tram, so you don't miss any interesting place in the city, making the most of the available time.
During the first two days you will have visited the most important neighborhoods of Lisbon such as La Alfama, Bélem, La Baixa, Chiado and Barrio Alto, as well as visiting its most prominent places. On this third day, we propose you to visit one of the wonders that are close to the city, such as Sintra and Cascais.
This practical guide to tour Lisbon in three days is designed based on the experience of our trip to Lisbon in 4 days. We start!
Useful tips for Lisbon
-To get from the airport to the center of Lisbon or to your hotel, you have several options: metro, bus, taxi or this direct transfer to the hotel.
For more information about the transfer you can check this post on how to go from Lisbon airport to downtown.
- For sleeping we recommend This is Lisbon Hostel, our accommodation during the trip we made, which is located in the beautiful neighborhood of Alfama and has a terrace with magnificent views.
- A good way to save on the Lisbon in 3 days is to buy a 24-hour ticket for a price of 6.15 euros, which includes all public transport.
- See if it is profitable to book the Lisbon Card that includes public transport and several attractions such as the Jeronimos Monastery, the Belém Tower, the Santa Justa Elevator, etc ...
- Book a guided tour in Spanish for Lisbon Free! and this free tour of the Alfama neighborhood, to learn about the history and anecdotes of the city.
- Stay away from restaurants and tourist sites to listen to fado. The bar To Tasca do Jaime, just in front of the Rua Graça del Tram 28 stop, it was our chosen option and after the experience we can only advise it.
- If you do not want to pay commissions when withdrawing money from ATMs and always have the current exchange, we recommend using the N26 card to pay and the BNEXT card to get money, our two favorite cards for travel.
For more recommendations you can consult this post of tips to travel to Lisbon essential.
First day in Lisbon
The first day of trip to Lisbon in three days Start early in the viewpoint of Portas do Sol, our favorite in the city, where you can easily reach Tram 28.
After this visit, you can walk to the viewpoint of Santa Luzia, very close to Postas do Sol, with a beautiful terrace full of tiles.
Keep in mind that these two viewpoints are located in the neighborhood of La Alfama, through which you can go wandering until you reach the edge of the Tagus River enjoying one of the best known and most charming neighborhoods in the city.
A good option if you want to learn more about the history of the city is to book this guided tour of the center of Lisbon or this tour of Lisbon that includes the Belém neighborhood, both with a guide in Spanish.
Map of Sintra in Lisbon in 3 days