Porto, the city of wine on the banks of the Duero River that is perfect for a weekend getaway or to spend 3 or 4 days. Getting lost in its historic center, walking along the Ribeira, reaching Vila Nova de Gaia to taste its wines, are just some of its essentials. We wanted to make a list of the 50 things to see and do in Porto based on our trip to Porto and Guimares in 4 days, a city to which we plan to return soon to continue discovering corners.
1. Enter the Cathedral of Porto (la Sé), especially to see its beautiful cloister with tiles.
2. Tour the Bolhao Market, although with a decadent aspect, retains all its charm with its food and flower shops. One of the essential places to visit in Porto.
3. Cross and stay on the Luis I Bridge to see the sunset over the Duero and the city, one of the best things to see in Porto.
4. Even if we are not going to catch any train, enter the San Bento station with an impressive hall decorated with tiles.
5. Test the cream, some sweets very similar to Belém's cakes, in Nata Lisboa on Rua das Flores.
6. Enter the Lello e Irmão bookstore, one of the most beautiful in the world.
11. Eat bifanas, rolls stuffed with pork, in the Conga restaurant.
12. Getting lost in the Barrio Do Barredo, while we go up and down stairs we can not stop taking photos of the alleys and houses with a decadent air.
13. Try the best francesinhas of Porto at Francesinha Café, one of the best things to do in Porto.
14. Tour the Fernandina Wall, ancient pieces that are preserved from the walls of Porto that surrounded the city.
15. Go up to the Clérigos Tower to have the best views of Porto.
You can book the entrance to the tower here in advance.
Tram in Porto
46. Go down to the catacombs and look for the Jesse Tree in the Church of San Francisco.
47. Visit the Casa do Infante, famous for being born Enrique the Navigator
48. Surprise yourself with the baroque interior of the wonderful Church of Santa Clara.
49. Go along the seafront in the area of Foz do Douro to the «Castle of Cheese», a small sea fort.
50. Take a good wine with a designation of origin Porto to remember the good moments of the trip and start thinking about returning.
* Book your transfer Airport ⇆ Porto Center here
If you feel like helping us complete the list of 50 things to see and do in Porto, add yours in the comments.